Monday, September 28, 2009

FOOD, PHO, PHOTOS AND PHUN ;-)

Our son is an excellent cook, so last night when he cooked vertical chickens for his little family, he sent us a photograph.

I have a recipe for Blueberry Chutney Chicken that is in the Silver Palate Cookbook that I cook by the same method as his famous or infamous BBC, otherwise known as Beer Butt Chicken.

Since we love chicken as well, I altered the photograph that he sent me of his chickens before he put them on the cooker and told him that they looked a lot like me and his Dad without our clothes on.


Ah, the miracles of Photoshop!
Frank and I are always looking for new and different places to eat and this restaurant is now on our new favorite places list. Since we have become fans of Anthony Bourdain and his show, "No Reservations", we have become more adventurous in our eating habits. Sprouts hasn't been open very long and is doing a booming business. It has a great menu and everything is cooked to order and served fresh.

The name of the place is Sprout's SpringRoll and Pho, and they invite everyone to come enjoy N. Arlington's newest Vietnamese restaurant. It is located in Lincoln Square next to Jason's Deli and offers a unique selection of Springrolls and the tastiest Pho (the Vietnamese Noodle Soup) in town. We were not familiar with Vietnamese food, but now I think we'll become addicted to it!
We started our lunch today with Torpedo Shrimp (Tom Hoa Tien) which are 5 Jumbo shrimp, cream cheese, and green onions all rolled up in a light wrapper and fried to a crisp. They were absolutely delicious. We shared this dish but I really wish I would have had an order all to myself!




For our entree we shared Shaken Beef with Rice (Com Bo Luc Lac) which is tender, diced beef sauteed with sweet onions in a mildly spicy marinade. It was served with steamed rice and a side of their house salad.


Both of these dishes were unbelievable. If you happen to live in the Arlington area I would highly recommend this place. The service is excellent and the food is absolutely delicious.
Hopefully we'll be heading for Europe soon and I'll have many tales to tell on our return. In the meantime, Bon Appetite!
XOXO, Pcasso

2 comments:

  1. wow..all looks delicious.. your pics on the chickens are funny and cute! I will have to try the the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good and I think you'll enjoy the food. Their chicken soup is great too as well as the shrimp fried rice and both dishes are big enough to share!

    ReplyDelete